DS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS

WE ARE UNDIFEATABLE

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Membership Requirements discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:52 am

Here is a rule list of another guld I ran into.

1. ~Be Active
2. ~Never attack any members of allied guilds or guilds whom have agreed to a NAP with this guild
3. ~Make a donation once a week to guild. Any amount.
4. ~Message guild officers about a certain knight or guild that has been repeating attacking you for no reason. So the officers can look into it before any retaliation is dealt. We don't want to start any war wit anyone due to a small misunderstanding of ones mistake.
5. ~Keep your WIN/LOST and Gold(+)/GOLD(-) ratio in good standing. If the guild notice you have been falling in this areas. You will get a warning about getting your status straight. If not...you will be kicked out of the guild due to others are willing to replace you.
6. ~If you are a premium member. We recommend you to change the same color background and same symbol as the guild leader and also put the [SIN] in front of your name.
7. ~BUT MOST OF ALL....HAVE FUN. ITS JUST A GAME.

7 easy rules. heres my take on our version should be

0.5. (sorry forgot this one, and dont want to renumber) Be active
1.Never attakc members of our guild, or allies if we may have them at some time.
2. Make a donation once a week to guild. Any amount.
3. Tell of knights who repeat attack you, and their guild if they have one. Also spend your money to avoid being loot listitized.
4. Keep your WIN/LOST and Gold(+)/GOLD(-) ratio in good standing. If the guild notice you have been falling in this areas. You will get a warning about getting your status straight. If not...you will be kicked out of the guild due to others are willing to replace you.
5. If you are a premium member. put [DS] in front of your name.
6. BUT MOST OF ALL....HAVE FUN. ITS JUST A GAME.

0.5 will have to be monitered somehow, but 2 4 are good I thiink. 5 6 and 3 dont really matter.

Well input I guess....
Back to top Go down
http://thedarkdruid.proboards52.com
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:52 am

0.5 is being monitored and I'm not happy!!

5 is important actually.. Neutral

Its necessary to state 1 although its not possible to attack ur guild members as far as I know.. It gives a message of some sort.

I would add register in the forum to that

One question though? Are we ok with any alignment or is it just Horde of Darkness..?? What do u all think??
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:15 pm

why is 1 improtant?

and I believe it is an insult to the name of DAark Stalkers, if we arnt all dark. Tis one of the main reasons I joined.

I think we should only have dark ones, but for the few who already joined and are light, we should allow them time to become evil, or boot.
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:28 pm

#1 is important for keeping any allies we gain . United we stand, diveded we fall and all that . . . waitaminute! we DON'T HAVE any allies! Evil or Very Mad

As far as all being dark - If we catch the light side fools soon enough it will cost them little to change over to the dark side, however after a certain point there are "aligned" items that can only be used by knights that possess a good or evil alignment rating exceeding a certain value, so changing alignments can be expensive. From a Roleplay (RP) perspective I would prefer to keep the guild "dark" even if it is only in the RP aspect. That said I do NOT propose anarchy and disrespect as being proper behavior for the guild (just nipping that idea before it even starts! Evil or Very Mad )
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 3:31 am

my mistake!!! I meant why is 5 important!! ! sure is!

But why is five important?
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 3:51 am

I'm not sure which #5 you mean, Morbaag,

5. ~Keep your WIN/LOST and Gold(+)/GOLD(-) ratio in good standing. If the guild notice you have been falling in this areas. You will get a warning about getting your status straight. If not...you will be kicked out of the guild due to others are willing to replace you.
    This one is simple - your stats reflect in the guild's stats. If you're a punching bag you make the guild look bad. (I guess this isn't as bad as in some games where the guild can actively assist and help members beyond just advice and councel.)

5. If you are a premium member. put [DS] in front of your name.
    This one is important for 2 reasons
    It shows guild solidarity and pride.
    It also shows some whose head you just whacked off what guild has members like you. (remember we're just as proud of you as you should be of us).
    On a minor note - if you list by alphabetical it lumps our guild together.

Of these I believe the most important thing is PRIDE - we want DS members to be proud of thier guild and flaunt it under everyone elses nose!
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Also the [-DS-] tag uniquely identifies u as a Dark Stalker and premium. A guild without a tag is simply a bunch of people grouping together and doesn't have the look of a group. It is a custom followed by all serious guilds to build their comunity and their own brand of warriors.. People dont take the guild seriously if they dont have tags..

The simple fact that u have this tag will scare away many looters as they dont want an entire guild coming after them. It also tells them that u r premium and that u quite possibly have jewel weapons which will hurt them.. Hence u have a better chance of keeping ur gold intact..

My s2 guild for instance just looks amazing with everyone having the {TAX} tag in front.. The highscores looks really dominant with all the {TAX} names all over the place Twisted Evil Very cool to see it lol..
Back to top Go down
ReGioNaiRe
Necromancer
Necromancer
ReGioNaiRe

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 8:07 pm

guys i have to inform you that i haven't been active lately due to some problems with ISP.. Evil or Very Mad i'm so pissed off with my ISP, because its laging lately and the only way i could get a connection is as if i would stay up late at night!! waaaaaaaaaaaa Sad
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 9:57 pm

@ReGioNaiRe, thank you for informing us.. If you could tell us how long it is going to take to solve the problem, one of us can account sit for u..

This mean we will fill in for u for the period of time u specify that you're unable to be here, depending on the time frame..

Let us know more and thank your for informing..
Back to top Go down
ReGioNaiRe
Necromancer
Necromancer
ReGioNaiRe

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 4:32 am

lols! it was too hard to post that message, the speed is really slow it took me 30 mins to 1 hour just opening a page...waaaaaa!! imagine i got a 1.00+kbps something on bandwidth speed at day time Sad that really sucked! Evil or Very Mad i also lost a lot of gold b'coz i have difficulty banking it..waaaaaaa Evil or Very Mad damn PLDT!!! Evil or Very Mad anyways i think my connection just got fixed today and i'm hoping to catch up..hehe i should have been level 12 or 13 by now. Evil or Very Mad anyway, i will post on any updates about my connection if its really "fixed" or my ISP is just fooling around with me. lol! thanks for the understanding guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 5:14 pm

Okay... IO think I understand. And I meant the 5. [DS} one...

And only premiums can change their name right? Supposing that for one month someone was Premium, but than wasn't, would they have to change their name back? Cause if people would be afraid of them, even if they weren't premium, but jus cause they thought they were...
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 1:24 pm

Um something like tht lol.. But try to stay premium as long as possible.. It makes a huge difference in ur ranking..

I also think we can start looking for lvl 5+ knights rather than lvl 4+ gives us better lvl players. Our guild has loads of low lvl players around. This is fine in the long term but current war is a little bit negaitve..

Regarding the inactives I will post out one final message before they are chucked out. Last chance to come good!!! Activity is a huge necessity..
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 3:13 pm

Yes, but if they ask for a mailing address, than alas I can not comply.

My parents don't exactly know about the site... and I am not 18 yet... and they probably wouldn't be happy if anything came in the maill... So does ity ask for a mailing addresss?
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 7:53 pm

You mean premium? U can get it using paypal (credit card) or bank transfer or daopay. You will see options under premium or jeweler or something like that in the game.

I dont have paypal and am working abroad making it next to impossible to utilize any of these features.. Have cash but no way to spend it basically Evil or Very Mad I can rely only on competitions which Thraven holds (some of which I am not allowed to participate in Mad )
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 7:56 pm

closer...

If I win a contest, I win 5oo jewls, right? and then, i go to the premium page and buy a premium account, than do I have to provide any personal information, and if so than what?
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 7:59 pm

U dont have to provide anything. U get the jewels, buy premium and use it. If u have more questions open a thread in the help section.. Otherwise I get carried away everywhere and its hard to keep everything in order..
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:04 pm

Thats should be all...

And for the characters, I think raising the lvl would be a great idea, maybe the alignment required to be evil to...

Or maybe their stats have to be good enough, like if they are less than lvl6 they need to have all stats average at5 times current lvl, or sumthin...

lvl 2= stat average 10
lvl3=stat ave at 15
etc etc...
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:11 pm

I read one guild requirement in a guild page which I thought was very practical.. That they shouldn't have points in both 1H and 2H.. that will keep out very bad players.. We already have a win/loss requirement I think..
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Win/loss ratio -
    DEFINITELY, um better than even? Do we want to be elitist and go for a certain ratio or better?

Gold Leakage -
    DEFINITELY, we don't want any DS on loot lists!

Stats -
    um, about all I can think of here is establishing a guidelines thread/post and urging DS to keep up to par - maybe minimums by levels, but that might be a bit hard to decide, maybe checking out folk on the highscores list with good kill ratios and going by that, have to divide it into 1H and 2H guides tho, and what about berzerkers?

Skills -
    Yes, having your skills split is not a good idea, but it is also hardly lethal, it simply means that you may not have access to the best weapon or armor for your level. Since it only costs a bit of gold to reset your skills I think this is not an unreasonable request.
Back to top Go down
saci
Necromancer
Necromancer
saci

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:35 am

guys about the win loss ratio i also want to add a few things

i do not bealive that win loss ratio is a right way to determine the effectiveness. additionally gold gain loss ratio also must be considered.
if you consider my stats i can say my ratio were marely over 1 (win-loss) but does this makes me a bad player? I dont beliave that I am the best, to be honest I am not the best :p
But am I a bad player? I will definately reject that. I did lost many battles and i did lost some gold. But this game is not only based on winning. In a previous message i said somethin which I do want to retype. we must know how to win and wed better must know how to loose

I would be pleased if you consider my thoughts as well
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:55 am

Thats a good point.. I look at saci's stats and know he's a decent player just from experience in judging oponents in 4 servers.. Win loss ratio is still important in my view but I may sacrifice that if the stats are good although its quite a judgement call..

Gold won and lost should be considered important I think so thats a good point as well..
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 9:11 pm

Okay new idea, jus make a council, and have Angela/ Thraven the heads, and they kick out all who seem un skilled. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 3:28 am

My take on the win/loss ratio is that anyone who is close to my level with a 1-2 or worse win loss ratio I can attack and defeat, so far this formula hasn't let me down. I suppose if you're pushing yourself and trying to umm - well I don't know why you would be hitting someone whom you can't whomp - but I still think a poor win - loss ratio is a decent indicator of someone who gets whomped. (It's the only way you get a poor ratio)
I'm not saying it makes a bad player or not , I'm saying that if your win/loss ratio is below even then you have lost most of your fights.
Gold win/loss ratio is more of an indication of a decent player (or preyer - predator) someone who seeks the fat weak lambs and feeds well off them.
Gear - 've seen a couple threads and discussions on gear, but really it seems to boil down to - get the best you can afford and work to afford the best. - any thoughts on weapon vs armor skills for 1h - 2h - tank - berzerker ?
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 9:15 am

Weapons vs armour skills??? Well basically u should have the best armour and weapons for ur lvl.. For 2 handers this doesn't apply as their weapons are quite costly and for them this is excusable.. Having said that, as a guild requirement I wouldn't look at the weapons they have on them..
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 2:16 am

LOL Yeah - my level - umm If I was a zerker that would be all points into weapon, none into armor . . .
2 handers have a short guide, armor to a certain point then forget it for a while . . .
1 Hander - no idea, although I have heard mention of a "tank" build . . .

Remember you get points by level what you put them into is your choice, this is what i was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Membership Requirements discussion   Guild Membership Requirements discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Membership Requirements discussion
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS :: CHAT-
Jump to: