DS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS

WE ARE UNDIFEATABLE

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kinds of Contests

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 4:55 pm

The verifiable info for in-game is limited to :
Total loot:
Links clicked:
Battles:
Wins:
Losses:
Undecided:
Gold received:
Gold lost:
Damage to enemies:
Damage from enemies:

Soooooo . . . that gives us the ability to run contests for, umm -
Most loot any source
Most battles fought
Most battles won
Most battles lost
Most gold won
Most gold lost
Most damage dealt
Most damage recieved
oh yeah and Levels gained

My thoughts on these contests:
Most lot from any source, fun but doesn't encourage duelling.
Most battles fought, good one
Most battles won, another good one
Most battles lost, bad - very bad
Most gold won, another good one
Most gold lost, another bad one - worse than battles lost really
Most damage dealt, good, but would favor 2handerers
Most damage recieved, not good, but maybe a special "purple heart" award?
Levels Gained, hmmm not sure about this one, will it favor the lower level knights?

Any ideas for other contests? Maybe something out of game, or something I've overlooked?

An important point that I have over looked is that most contests will be for either non-premium members or premium members, since premium members can fight more often than non-premium members and will also probably have better access to jewel gear.
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 4:56 pm

I have moved this discussion here from another thread. . .
Angela had replied:
Quote :
Well at the initail stages almost all of these things are going to favour 2H players. Its only after lvl 20+ or so that 1H's really have the advantage.

No. of battles fought is fine but some who started playing earlier will have an undue advantage as is the case with almost all the sections.

If there's a way to measure it over a particular period of time only it would b a lot more meaningful then.

The easiest way to handle the contest (that can think of) is to have it run for a time (12 AM Sat to 12 AM Sat or what ever) the contest officials would record everyone's stats at the start point and then compare them to the final stats ar the end point. In thinking this over I think it would be best if we set a "prep time" of maybe 30 minutes to an hour at the start and finish of a contest to give the officials time to record the info Shocked even for just 30 members, it will still take a bit of time to record the info.
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Fairest way to run the contest   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Again, bringing some info over from the old forums. It had been brought up that higher level players would have an advantage in many contests

Quote :
the higher lvl players have a distinct advantage as they have much more gold for their missions and stuff. More gold + higher lvl = better stats + better weapons + easier kills + better chances of getting gold from battles..

Easier kills, hmmm - maybe against lower level targets Neutral but I can see your point.
The fairest way would be to break the contest down by level ranges . . . but that would entail 3-4 times as many contests. I can't afford that many a month, and with that many contests and the limited number of guild members (KF's Castle system) the pool of competetors would be quite small. Current numbers are -
3-4: 7
5-7: 16
8-10: 7
(Levels 7 & 5 look to be our most populous levels, so the middle range is the largest. )
My current plan was to run 2 contests a month, starting with 2 for non-premium members and slowly switching to 1 for premium members as the number of premium members increased. Instead I could run 2 for 2 different level ranges. The main reason I don't want to do it this way is I want to have everyone involved at the start, to have a guild wide competition - maybe # of battles fought is the way to go, or # of battles won.

this is an older post moved from the old forum, the level information is now out of date
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 3:21 am

Thats really good. Let us know when ur starting!
Back to top Go down
Fionn
Admin
Admin
Fionn

Number of posts : 40

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 9:39 pm

Quote :
alien if you are already a prem user u cant get jewles so me or Thraven cant win
everyone happy now
Back to top Go down
https://darkstalkers.niceboard.com
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Oh ok. Anyway is the prize always going to b one Jewel ticket? Im still unsure of how the whole thing works. I mean after the 1 month is up will it revert to the old settings?

EDIT: Changed the last 2 words so that the question is clearer!
Back to top Go down
Fionn
Admin
Admin
Fionn

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: soo   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Quote :
you see you win a jewel ticket for 500 jewels withch is anough for a prem ticket soo if you win type in your ticket number at the jewler you get 500 jewles go to premuim ticket stand they take away 500 jewles from your account and you are a prem user dont forget to put [-DS-] in front your nameor spend the 500 jewles on somthing else scratch
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Er thanks for the info but what I want to know is whether the changes I make will stick. I mean supposing I change my avatar for example. After the one month time period is over, will the avatar rivert back to the old one?
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 11:04 pm

I believe the changes remain, not positive tho.
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 11:19 pm

Thats good I guess! Its better than having to change it all the time!
Back to top Go down
Fionn
Admin
Admin
Fionn

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: hi   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:49 am

back to the prem tickets
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 10:05 am

Mine just ran out,... Make another competition quick!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kinds of Contests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinds of Contests   Kinds of Contests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinds of Contests
Page 1 of 1