DS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS

WE ARE UNDIFEATABLE

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Recruits

Go down 
+2
morbaag
|Angela|
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-04-30

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Ok I just got a pm from a guy I attacked saying he wanted to join our guild. I checked his user page and found that he was a Knight of Light

This is his link if u want to check him out.. http://world4.knightfight.co.uk/index.php?ac=showuser&showuserid=96037263

@Thraven and Fionn, what do u guys want me to tell him.. Others are free to post their openion as well..
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-05-12

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 5:34 pm

WHAT!!! His stats are worst than mine!!!! He has nearly five times more loot than I, and is 4 lvls higher! has bout 3 times more losses than wins, and if he is in our guild, than I wont be able to attack him!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://thedarkdruid.proboards52.com
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2007-04-29

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:56 am

Hmmmm . . .
Any word from our nefarious leader?
My understanding was that this was an EVIL guild Twisted Evil I personally have no qualms about a white knight in our midst, but we only have 2 slots left and 4 aplicants, 2 of which are almost 4th level, which is our recruiting level requirement.
That said, I also have to agree with what Morbaag said, his win/loss ratio as well as his gold loss ratio is quite bad! He is probably on several loot lists.
Personally I would tell him that we don't have any slots open atm, and I need to hear back from Fionn as far as allowing "good" knights in the guild. Just my 2 credits worth.
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 12:59 pm

Yeah I agree abt his stats and win/loss ratio and stuff.. In fact he was one of the people I was attacking for gold Rolling Eyes Haven't hear a whisper even from Fionn.. Is he still alive? His knight hasn't lvled up for ages either!! pale

Anyway I told this guy that we are mainly a dark guild but on looking at the guild page, its not really mentioned in the requirements is it?
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Alas, it apears to late. He is now a member, and could very well be reading this very post. (if he is hopefully hell get the picture, and raise his stats, or just donate all his gold to the guild Smile )
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 12:16 pm

Hmm if there's accepting into the guild going on then maybe Fionn's around somewhere!! Kevin maybe u should send him an ingame message and see if he's alive..
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 1:32 pm

Ok.. One more possible new recruit.. I think he's already applied as well.. He's a knight of light but that not in the requirements..

This is his link http://world4.knightfight.co.uk/index.php?ac=showuser&showuserid=96058557
Back to top Go down
winter child
Necromancer
Necromancer
winter child

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-10

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 9:10 pm

he's already a member of our guild... his wins are ahead by 1...
Back to top Go down
http://winterchild.deviantart.com
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 9:28 pm

I like the stats though.. can work on that.. Very quick guild accpetance.. Is this because Fionn's around?
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 10:18 pm

Aye a lvl 6 couldn't beat him...
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 5:14 am

|Angela| wrote:
I like the stats though.. can work on that.. Very quick guild accpetance.. Is this because Fionn's around?

I believe Nosferatu and Ashe are also Admins in the guild, so one of them could be doing the invites. . .

Oh great lord and master, where art thou?
We miss thee dearly!
Back to top Go down
winter child
Necromancer
Necromancer
winter child

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 9:15 pm

a lot of people seem to apply to our guild... we got 2 more on the waiting list... our group is growing... Twisted Evil more for dark stalkers... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 9:21 pm

winter child wrote:
a lot of people seem to apply to our guild... we got 2 more on the waiting list... our group is growing... Twisted Evil more for dark stalkers... Twisted Evil

Indeed, there were 2 lvl 1 aplicants that I rejected after sending them messages that we have a lvl 4 minimum requirement.
Of the 2 still on the applicants list, Dannyelln is simply waiting until we get our new castle up so that we can get some room in the guild and I sent LionMane a message telling him that we have a lvl 4 requirement, I haven't heard back from LionMane yet however, since I just sent that message today.
Back to top Go down
winter child
Necromancer
Necromancer
winter child

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 9:38 pm

lvl 1? our guild seems to be "famous" even among those who have just started... they should level up fast and start improving their stats so they can be a part of DS...

and also, hope that they stay active once they got in... Razz
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 10:17 pm

I believe Fionn has a recruiting post up on the KF forums. In the Guilds looking for members thread, of course.

Oh great lord and master, where art thou?
We miss thee dearly!
Back to top Go down
Moth
Necromancer
Necromancer
Moth

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-05-04

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 11:24 pm

but keep in mind,quantity is not equal with quality.If the members are not active then there's no reason for them to stay
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:54 am

Exactly.. Having too many members is a bad thing in wars.. They have more targets to hit. As long as all the targets are active and able to hold up their own end, v should b fine..
Back to top Go down
saci
Necromancer
Necromancer
saci

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-05-27

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 4:26 pm

Guys in the ogame we used to do like this
higher levels were in one allience (allience=guild) lower levels were in an other which we called the academy. After the youngsters reach to a level they are transfered from academy to A class guild. And some of the higher level chars are also in academy to guide the youngsters.
But in ogame you do not spend money for the allience that might cause some trouble.
It was really very helpful especially in wars. As a gentelmanship agreement the big boys rarely hit the academy. but i doubt how it will happen here. Nearly all my losses are from chars at least 3 levels higher then me. They do not mind they loose exp or whatsoever.

Also we can also consider the difference between the costs of upgrading a guild and creating a new guild.
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 6:59 pm

Another prob is that we are kind a low level guild, arn't we? I mean with other guilds having a lvl11 limit, we kinda might lose... And how does a war work?
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 7:16 pm

Yes many guilds do this.. It is a common ploy for much larger guilds in the server.. Even one of the leading guilds on our server does that. UW basically has an academy as well..

Currently its not the time for it. We need to strengthen our existing guild and kick inactives a bit

The cost issue is a different thing entirely and I am actually feeling that there is no current need to upgrade our castle.. After all v have space cause v r removing inactives.. Depends on what Kexin says though Smile
Back to top Go down
Thraven Ferekzy
Admin
Admin
Thraven Ferekzy

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:13 pm

I was looking at the castle upgrade from before I decided to go thru with "The Great Bootage" but still feel that a bigger castle would be nice. As far as setting up a new guild - you mean a training camp or totally new guild?
As far as numbers go - "Quantity has a quality all its own" a larger guild will have better luck recruiting because it is larger. Size shows that we can put together the resources to build a guild castle and recruit members. Sure I suppose one person could do it, but that's not how the average recruit will look at it. Also the more active members we have the more folk will see the [-DS-] moniker - from seeing who duelled them (and hopefully beat them).
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:57 am

How come everytime I ask a semi intelligent question, I am ignored???

Only my nonserious ones are ever answered. Why does the letter 'b' come after 'v' on my keyboard???
Back to top Go down
|Angela|
Admin
Admin
|Angela|

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:27 am

@morbaag, which question was that? I must have missed it.. Post in help section..

Um the only advantage I see in having large numbers is that we have more total loot and hence higher ranking.. We are better off if our guild members are constantly active.. If this means sacrificing our numbers then so be it...
Back to top Go down
morbaag
Necromancer
Necromancer

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:43 pm

morbaag wrote:
Another prob is that we are kind a low level guild, arn't we? I mean with other guilds having a lvl11 limit, we kinda might lose... And how does a war work?

The question right their, but I shall ask in the 'help' thread, so answer their.
Back to top Go down
winter child
Necromancer
Necromancer
winter child

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 5:39 pm

@morbaag: do you mean our requirements are low because the minimum requirement is lvl 4?

this is my understanding of a war between guilds / clans / whatever you want to call them:

1. a formal agreement between two guilds is made that they will go into war with each other

2. the guild leaders come up with a couple of rules for the war, sometimes, a time duration, how to win that war and the "prize"

3. guild members need to be active during war. usually the aim of the guilds is to have the most wins possible so cooperation is needed. if there is a win number requirement (e.g. first to have 5000 wins), the first guild to achieve that, wins.

4. during war, it is also important to declare stats at all times to the guild admins so that they can update the win-loss standing. even 1 win can count towards victory! cheers

5. sometimes, a guild can also give up / back out on the war. the opposing guild is declared the winner and the "prize" is given

6. this "prize" usually comes in the form of agreements (e.g. the winning guild can still attack the losing guild while the losing guild cannot) and this has to be observed until, i don't know, the winning guild says so. Laughing

Twisted Evil that's what i know... you can still ask the others...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Recruits Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruits   New Recruits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Recruits
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS :: allies :: allies-
Jump to: